- Thanks to all who came out across the EU during The Fugitives tour of Germany, Denmark, Belgium, and the Netherlands. We had an amazing time, and as per usual, were treated to so much fantastic hospitality across the continent. We'll be back to the EU in the fall of 2018 for some more!
- Next up is a cross-Canada tour for The Unsilent Project. This is a partnership between Signal Theatre and the National Youth Orchestra. I'll be doing spoken word for this project and it's very close to my heart, as it features the work of Zaccheus Jackson, who was a super close friend and tourmate for many years. I'm honoured to be part of this project and excited Zac's work is going to be heard by so many on such a prominent stage. Hit the link for more info on that project. We're hitting venues across the country from July-August.
- Brain will be at the Edmonton Fringe Festival this year! Still waiting on a venue but the dates are August 17-27th! See you soon, Oiler people!
- The Fugitives are headed back to the UK at the end of September. Dates coming soon!
- Had an amazing time showcasing "Brain" at Pacific Contact last week. Thanks to all the presenters and artists I met. Hope to see you all soon down the road!
- Just added a new video trailer for my new show with pianist Sarah Hagen. It's up on the corresponding page.
- Just had rehearsals for the new Fugitives tour of Germany. We have old Fugitive Steve Charles back into the fold, and we've added bass. The new tour, the new album, the new sound are all going to be sick. Tune into our website for all the info, including all May dates of our upcoming German tour!
- New lyric video for a new Fugitives tune dropping at the end of the month!
- For those enquiring about my Mom. Yes, she's on to the next round in the master's national curling championships. Because she's amazing. Go Team Alberta!
- Thanks to all who came out to the world premiere of the new show with pianist Sarah Hagen at the Della Herman Theatre in Smithers. It was amazingly well-received and encouraged us to do more! For info on that project check the page on the site (video trailer is on the way soon). Thanks to the Bukley Valley Concert Association for flying us in and putting us up and having us!
- We are just finishing up the new The Fugitives record. Release date, as well as full tour dates for our German tour in May, are on the way very soon. Check back here for details.
- Headed to Pacific Contact at the end of the month to showcase Brain. See all you Bc presenters soon!
- Plenty of All Star SLAM shows this month in Toronto.
- Other than that, just writing a book. And excited to watch my Mom play in the master's national curling championships in the next few weeks. Go Alberta! Go Mom! Hurry hard!
Hope everyone had a great safe New Year’s. I’m back in Toronto, after having just finished up the new Fugitives record in Vancouver! Super exciting! We will be touring it through Germany in May, then onwards to the UK and Canada after that. Stay tuned for all relevant dates, they’re coming…
In solo news, big belated thanks to all the BC peeps that helped “Brain” sell out the Port Theatre in Nanaimo and the Metro Theatre in Victoria and the Chan Centre in Vancouver. Those are some great big venues, and the fact that the show is resonating people fills me with excitement and gratitude. So thanks!
This February, I’m headed on the road with pianist heavyweight Sarah Hagen to premiere our newest show. It’s a collaboration where she plays 13 preludes from Rachmaninoff’s Opus 32 and I respond to each piece with poems and stories. C’mon! What could be better than classical music and spoken word?!
I’ll leave you with some of her awesomeness, playing my fave of the preludes from Opus 32….